Most people don’t even know that WordPress.com and WordPress.org are different. It is very important for any blogger choosing WordPress. This basic difference is what makes the foundation of your blog strong.
Bloggers often choose the wrong platform for their blog. This is actually a rookie mistake. But read on to choose the right platform!
So, what is WordPress.com?
WordPress is a way to build your own blog for free. In fact, every one of the five websites that you visit is likely powered by WordPress.com. Anyone can use, modify and buy WordPress for free.
WordPress.com is a content management system. This guarantees that you can manage your content and data without any coding knowledge. This means that even people who aren’t developers can now create their own website!
This is why WordPress.com is very popular among bloggers. Its easy access, free blog, and certain available features make it the first choice. WordPress allows you to build a money-making website too! What all can WordPress.com create?
- Business Websites
- Organization websites
- eCommerce stores
- Online business hubs
- Social media platforms
- and anything that you can possibly imagine…
Your business needs an online presence and WordPress.com is the best bet you’ve got! Various things to keep in mind about WordPress.com are:
- It does not provide you a self-hosted website. So, although you can make the website, it can never truly be considered yours.
- You can pay to remove the domain. Otherwise, “WordPress” will invariably appear in your domain.
- There is not much flexibility with it. You cannot add your own plugins.
- You have limited SEO control and limited analytics
- Limited theme support and limited monetization.
What is WordPress.org?
WordPress.org is a self-hosted website. It is a free open-source software. You can install your won web host and can call 100% yours. For your professional website, WordPress.org is the best option!
Certain sites that use this are Microsoft, Rolling stones, and even whitehouse.gov! WordPress.com is in fact powered by WordPress.org. For a website, you need to buy your domain name and web host, and you are set!
Features that WordPress.org comes with are:
- You can upload unlimited plugins and themes.
- Allows you to customize your web page the way you want to.
- Provides flexibility for customization.
- Your own domain and hosting.
- Monetization freedom
- All SEO features and analytics
However, some things that you should keep in mind while using WordPress.org are:
- You have to take care of the maintenance
- The price increases as the site traffic increases.
- You have to pick your hosting services carefully!
- You will have to be responsible for updating your website.
- Backups and restoring data will all be your responsibility.
If you need a website for professional purposes, you should go ahead with WordPress.org. However, if you are an amateur blogger or a beginner, you should go with WordPress.com.
In WordPress.com, premium features are also something to take into consideration. Premium offers features that could, at time, resolve the need for WordPress.org.
Overall, decide the need for professionalism that your website exactly needs and choose your plans accordingly!
For more such articles, please subscribe to our newsletter. We would also love to hear your suggestions and recommendations on the same. Please comment below.